Thursday, October 17, 2013

Updates

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. Mine was spent making wedding favors, tallying up meals (apparently prime rib is the thing to eat at weddings) and getting over a touch of something. This week is already almost over and I wanted to give some updates and reminders.

Grade 3 will have their first playing test next class. Practice, practice, practice!

Grade 6 will retake their music definition quiz (if needed) during their recess on the 22nd.

Grade 5 is behind because between me being out sick last Thursday, and their field trip today they still haven't gotten their quizzes back! I'm planning on having their retake (if needed) be during recess on October 31.

My younger students have been learning different songs, working with percussion instruments, and preparing for their Christmas pageant if they are in first or second grade. I'm also planning on starting a "Songs of the World" Unit. The first country on the list is Italy and we'll be learning the Tarantella! I have several ideas for other countries to work on, but I would love suggestions if you have them!

My 3rd and 4th graders will probably be my busiest students because not only are they playing recorder, but they will be taking part in aspects of "Songs of the World" as well as participating in a class percussion ensemble like their older colleagues.

Grades 5 through 8 will continue learning about the topics we started at the beginning of the year. We will cover this material in the first half of class. For the other half of class my plan is to have the students play various percussion instruments and even compose music for a percussion ensemble. I would like students to work in groups and on an individual level for these compositions.

I'm looking forward to all the fun things that are going to happen in my classroom!

Miss Robideau

No comments:

Post a Comment